Organize your way to a great year!
Updated: Feb 22, 2019
With a new year comes new undertakings, goals and adventures, so set your home or business up to dominate 2019. You most likely have an influx of "stuff" from the holidays, so now is a great time to reevaluate space needs and what can go. Here are a few tips to help you decide what can go and what should stay:
1. Ask yourself,
* Do I want this to be a part of my future?
* Does it contribute to my goals?
* Does it contribute to my happiness?
2. Get rid of negative vibes. If you come across something, and it contributes negatively to your life in any way, just get rid of it. Except bills, don't trash bills. Those vibes will be back with a vengeance.
My example is an expensive, fancy top I bought once spontaneously. I absolutely hate waste, but I've had it for years and even to special events I won't wear it, because when I put it on I just don't feel like me. I would think, "It looked great in the catalog, so what is wrong with my body that it doesn't look right?" Nothing. So don't let your clothes tell you otherwise. Make room for the items that inspire you with good vibes.
3. Make your goals a priority. Clearly define your goals for the new year and make sure anything that will help you get there is visible and accessible every day, so that you always have visual reminders of what you want to accomplish this year.
My example is a mail holder I hung up in the kitchen that holds my recipe journal to remind me that I want to try cooking a new recipe each week. If you haven't tried firecracker chicken, I highly recommend it.
4. (For the home) Make a photo reminder to live it up. We are all guilty of putting our personal lives on the back burner every once in a while when our professional lives get hectic, so give yourself a reminder this year. Create a small memory board with photos somewhere in the house filled with photos of past vacations, special occasions, or fun experiences you had in 2018 to remind you to make this year count even more.
Make 2019 the year of success! Go try something new, finish that project you've had on the back burner, or finally kick back and relax, because you deserve it.